Many call centre owners believe that just owning a dialler will solve any performance issues that the sales floor faces. Sure, it’s true that the ability to make more calls does guarantee you’ll make contact – yet dialling blindly will only cause you further issues down the road, possibly ending up with a fine from the regulator!
How should I approach it?
Any dialler, needs to be configured and shown how to perform properly. Every call centre is different, dialling different datasets and selling a different product. If you can/do employ a dedicated dialler manager this works even better, as their own skillset will help you get up to speed far quicker. Thankfully, most dialler systems including our own Blue Telecoms dialler are easy to setup – with training provided for anyone who’ll be managing campaigns on a daily basis.
One of the most important issues when dialling, is never to overdo it. There are a number of risks to dialling numbers too fast and/or too aggressively:
- Upset prospects: At best taking their anger out on your agents – at worst reporting your outbound numbers to call blocker applications such as HIYA.
- Ofcom: The possibility of an Ofcom investigation, leading to fines or other penalties.
- Overloading: Placing too much load on the system, whether that be dialling too many numbers on one exchange or even your dialler itself – although the latter is rare.
- Dropped calls: Where you dial so much that there aren’t enough sales agents to take the available calls – wasting data and resources.
All of these issues are ones to steer clear of. They can all be mitigated against by slowing down the rate of dialling.
What else should I look for?
There are a multitude of dialler systems and companies available, all with their own positives and negatives. At the basic level, you should look for the following:
- Good technical help when you need it: Many providers are slow to respond to a call for help, look for a company that can respond quickly and help you alleviate any problems.
- Good internet: This is something any good dialler company can help with. Ideally, you need to run a dialler system over a quality fibre connection.
- API Integration: Not helpful for all businesses; however, if you already operate a CRM (Customer Relationship Management System) then integration this with your dialler is hugely beneficial.
- Answer Machine Detection: Helpful for those using predictive dialling technology. At Blue Telecoms, we offer one of the best versions on the market with 95% plus detection rate.
- TPS Screening: At Blue Telecoms, we offer this as standard; however, many dialler providers don’t. If they don’t, you’ll need to purchase TPS screened data.
Where can I purchase data?
With new laws such as GDPR, the sourcing of good data is becoming harder. You must have the permission to call your prospects, which is where opt-in data is key. If you’re struggling to understand how to comply with the laws in your country, it’s always better to get in touch with a competence dialler manager – as they’ll have experience of maintaining good compliance.
When dialling, you should always ensure you have the permission of the prospect and also ensure there are methods for them to opt out. In practice, this means having a menu system where clients can press 9 to take their details off your system.
Always acquire new data from reputable sources. At Blue Telecoms, we know many sources of quality data that abide by GDPR and data protection laws. Please do get in touch if you would like us to refer you. If your dialler of choice doesn’t have TPS checking as standard, please do ensure your data is screened against the TPS lists.
Ready to dial
Once you’ve considered all the points above and discussed your plans with a competent dialler manager, you should be ready to dial. During your campaign, don’t forget to monitor your data to ensure it’s accurate and also doesn’t run out during your campaign.
If you’re ready to start your journey in telemarketing, give Blue Telecoms a call today.